The AINP Self-Employed Farmer Stream aims to attract farm owners/operators who plan to live in Alberta in order to purchase and manage their farming business.
Minimum RequirementsSelf-employed farmers must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be eligible to apply to this stream:
• Prove that they have farm management skills with:
• Financial documentation of existing farm business;
• Proof of education, training, and/or work experience;
• A proposed business plan for Alberta farm; and
• Proof that a Canadian financial institution will finance farming venture in Alberta.
- • Financial documentation of existing farm business;
- • Prove that they have sufficient financial resources for this venture:
- • Prove that they will invest in a primary production farming business in Alberta:
When Not to ApplyCandidates should not apply if they are:
• Refugee claimants, or individuals involved in a federal appeal or removal process;
• Live-in caregivers currently residing in Canada;
• Temporary Foreign Workers working and residing in a province other than Alberta;
• International students studying in Canada and doing co-op work placements or internships as part of their study program.