The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Business (MPNP-B) allows Manitoba to recruit qualified business people with the intent and ability to make a significant investment in a new or existing business and hold an active managerial role.
This stream operates on an Expression of Interest (EOI) system whereby prospective applicants submit their intention to apply to the program. The most qualified are invited to apply by receiving a Letter of Advice to Apply (LAA) from the MPNP-B. After receiving a LAA, candidates have 60 days to submit their application to the program.
Minimum Requirements-In order to be eligible for MPNP-B, applicants must:
• Have a minimum verifiable personal net worth of $350,000 CAD;
• Have a minimum three years of successful business ownership and management experience or executive-level experience as senior manager of a business within the past five years;
• Make an Eligible Business Investment in Manitoba;
• Attend an interview with an MPNP-B officer;
• Demonstrate sufficient language proficiency by providing results from a language competency test taken in the past two years at an approved testing agency;
• Have the intention and ability to reside in Manitoba with all dependent family members; and
• Score a minimum of 60 points in the Adaptability Assessment Matrix.v Candidates may also be required to conduct an Exploratory Visit to Manitoba. Applicants will need to provide proof of research conducted during the visit in the form of a visit report and other documents.