This category targets qualified business people who will own and actively manage a business that will contribute to New Brunswick’s economy.
Minimum Requirements-In order to be eligible as a Business Applicant, candidates must:
• Be between 22 and 55 years of age;
• Hold at least a high school diploma;
• Demonstrate sufficient English and, or French language ability to actively manage a business in New Brunswick;
• Demonstrate an intention to live and operate a business in New Brunswick;
• Show relevant and proven management experience in three of the last five years;
• Provide a business plan, approved by a New Brunswick government official, that will show how the business will benefit New Brunswick;
• Have a personal net worth of at least $300,000 CAD;
• Have sufficient funds to establish the business, settle successfully, and support all dependent family members for up to two years;
• Submit a conditionally refundable deposit of $75,000 CAD and a signed copy of the Deposit Agreement prior to nomination;
• Make at least one business trip to New Brunswick and demonstrate an understanding of the province's business environment;
• Meet with an NBPNP official for an interview following the business trip; and
• Score 50 points on a selection grid.