1. Collection of Your Information
- 1.1 This Policy applies to client information GetBusiness collects through this website www.GetBusiness.ca.
- 1.2 When you use or register with the Site, GetBusiness may ask for certain personal information about you. Personal information is information that identifies you or could be combined by us or our service providers and affiliates with other information to identify you. This information may include identifiable information about you, such as your personal e-mail address, your home address, your home telephone number, your personal cell phone number, your image and may include your age, your income and other similar information that is associated with you ("Personal Information"). We collect your Personal Information and other data collected through the Site including your resume, to register you with the Site, to provide you with information regarding employment opportunities tailored to your circumstances and other career advancement related information. For employers information we collect about you may include the name of the company you represent, your name and other personal information related to your employment.
- 1.3 We may collect Personal Information about you from online forms, files you upload, email communications between you and GetBusiness; use information from other sources, such as previous employer(s) and companies that help us to update our records.
- 1.4 information that we collect automatically when you visit our website, such as information about your browser settings and other information collected through cookies.
2. How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- 2.1 We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to third parties
2.2 By submitting your resume through this website www.GetBusiness.ca and clicking on the "I accept" tab you hereby authorize GetBusiness to:
- a. To register your account.
- b. To authenticate you when you log into your account.
- c. Publish your resume on our database. If you want GetBusiness to provide limited information about you, you must inform GetBusiness about removing your name, email address, home address and telephone number and such information will be redacted from your published resume ("Redacted Resume"). All other portions of your Personal Information, including your past employment history will be provided to the employer. It is, however, recommended that all Personal Information be provided.
- d. Provide employers with access to your resume and other information regarding your employment background.
- e. Provide external agencies with access to your resume and other information necessary regarding your employment background.
- i. Comply with the law requiring such disclosure;
- ii. Protect the rights or property of GetBusiness or its affiliated companies;
- iii. Prevent a criminal activity from taking place or to protect matters pertaining to national security; or
- iv. Protect the personal safety of other users or members of the public.
- 2.3 We combine all the information we collect other than information relating to your browsing history.
- 2.4 We share information with our affiliates who may be outside of Canada and may be subject to laws that are different from those in Canada.
- 2.5 We use third parties to assist us in our operations. We may share your information with these third parties in order to provide services to you.
3. Your Choices
- 3.1 You may access, review and change your Personal Information provided by you by clicking on the following link www.GetBusiness.com or email to privacy@GetBusiness.com
- 3.2 You may also close your account if you want to withdraw your consent from our further use of your information. We may, however, retain information about your previous transactions for audit purposes, to ensure the integrity of our data and to fulfill legal requirements.
Detailed Policy Information
4. About Us
This website, www.GetBusiness.comis operated by GetBusiness.com Inc.
We have appointed a Chief Privacy Officer who is accountable for our personal information handling practices. Our Chief Privacy Officer can be contacted at privacy@GetBusiness.comwith regards to your privacy related concerns.
In this Policy, the terms “we”, “our” and “us” mean GetBusiness.
5. Effective Date and Scope
This Privacy Notice is effective as of 1st June, 2016.
This Privacy Notice governs our practices with respect to personal information we collect through the Site.
6. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information is information that identifies you or could be combined by us or our service providers and affiliates with other information to identify you. This information includes your personal e-mail address, your home address, your home telephone number, your personal cell phone number, your image, and may include your age, your income and other similar information when associated with you, and may also include information that you submitted to us in your resume. Personal information may also be information containing details as to whether you have opened our promotional e-mails or how you have used our website, if we can associate that personal information with you. If you are a business customer or prospective business customer, personal information does not include your title, business address, and business telephone number.
We collect personal information from you when you create an account, make a purchase, enter a contest or promotion, communicate with us using our web forms to make a request or ask a question, submit a product review, take a survey or otherwise submit personal information to us with your communication.
7. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your information to provide products and services and to manage our business operations. Some examples include:
- 7.1to register your account;
- 7.2to authenticate you when you log into your account;
- 7.3to fulfill your requests for products and services;
- 7.4to communicate with you about your requests;
- 7.5to administer contests and promotions that you participate in;
- 7.6to recommend or to offer you other products and services based on your inferred interests;
- 7.7to post your product reviews;
- 7.8to communicate with you regarding customer service issues and any product recalls or warranty service; and
- 7.9to protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business.
8. Personalized Offers and Web Analytics
We also automatically collect information when you visit our website in order to customize your experience. For example, we collect information about what site referred you to our website, your browser type, operating system type and version, language, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. We also collect information about how you browse through our website, including logging the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on certain pages. We use this information for a number of technical purposes to ensure that our pages load correctly in your browser, as well as to personalize our offers to you. We also use this information to improve our website. For example:
- 8.1We use IP addresses to correct pages for your geographical location;
- 8.2We log the frequency of visits to certain pages on our website and how visitors navigate through our website in order to detect problems, improve our website and learn about what products and services are of interest to our customers;
- 8.3We use information about services that you have clicked on to make suggestions about other products or services that you might be interested in viewing; and
- 8.4We track whether certain types of promotional e-mails were opened by you and whether you sought information about a particular service in order to make inferences about other opportunities and services you might be interested in.
9. Your Ad Choices: Interest-Based Advertising
Our website may use small pixel files (small images) and cookies (small text files) to keep track of your browser so that you will be recognized when you visit other websites where our third-party ad management providers may show you advertisements from us based on your visit to our website. Some of these advertisements may be customized to particular products and services that you viewed or they may be based on inferences about products and services that you might be interested in. This is called “interest-based advertising”.
These pixel files and cookies are generally valid for a limited number of days (usually no more than 90 days) and are provided by our ad management providers. We require our ad management providers to participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s Ad Choices Program. Click here http://youradchoices.ca/ to visit the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s Your Ad Choices website where you can find out more information about digital advertising and how you can opt-out of interest-based advertising.
Please note that if you opt-out of interest-based advertising you may still see advertisements from us on other websites. However, they will not be customized based on your browsing history on our website. In addition, we will continue to customize our offers of products and services to you when you are on our website unless you block cookies from our website. If you block cookies on our website, certain functions, such as the “shopping cart” will not function properly because our website must recognize you as you move through the checkout process.
10. Regarding Children and Minors
Our website and the services offered on our website are not directed to children under the age of 16 years. We will not knowingly collect personal information about a child under the age of 16.
We do not allow minors (persons who are under the age of majority in their place of residence) to create accounts, make purchases or enter contests or promotions.
11. Do We Disclose Your Personal Information to Others?
We may share your personal information with our service providers and our other corporate affiliates and related companies that help us with our business operations. We share information with service providers, and or our affiliates who provide us with marketing and promotional services. We require our service providers and our affiliates to keep your personal information secure. In addition, our service providers may not use or disclose personal information for any purpose other than providing the services on our behalf unless we or they have obtained your consent.
We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
We may also disclose your Personal Information if it is necessary for us to collect a debt from you or where we have reason to believe that it is relevant to the investigation or decision to investigate a breach of the laws of Canada, a province or territory of Canada, or a foreign jurisdiction, and we are legally permitted to do so.
Information about those who hold temporary resident status in Canada will be disclosed to affiliates and external consultants, including immigration consultants and employers, for the purpose of employment and immigration opportunities in Canada. If you choose not to have your information disclosed, please contact the privacy officer.
12. Law Enforcement Requests
We will disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent if we receive an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your personal information.
13. Storage Outside of Canada
Your personal information may be used or stored by us or our service providers and our corporate affiliates outside of Canada. We require that our service providers and our corporate affiliates safeguard your personal information. However, if your personal information is used or stored outside of Canada, it will also be subject to the laws of the country in which it is used or stored.
14. Preference Centre
If you register for an account, you will have the option to choose what marketing and promotional e-mails and communications you receive from us. If you choose not to have your information disclosed to certain groups of people, such as employers, third-party recruiters, immigration consultants, employers or any other person, please contact the privacy officer.
You can modify your information by logging into your account and making the requested changes. .
You may also choose “close my account” and we will remove your account information from active use.
If you do not re-activate your account within 3 months, we will permanently delete your account. Please note that we still maintain information that you provided to us for audit purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
15. How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We take administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft and misuse. This includes limiting access of employees to, and the use of, your personal information through the use of passwords and graduated levels of clearance. We do not publish all of our security measures online because this may reduce their effectiveness. We take physical precautions to ensure that the computer servers on which your personal information is stored and archived are secure and that access to such servers is protected. We educate our employees with respect to their obligations to protect your personal information and we require our affiliates and any third-party service providers to take comparable steps to ensure the protection of any of your personal information that is shared with them.
Although we take precautions against possible breaches of our security systems, no company can fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized access to your personal information and no website is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will never occur. Accordingly, you should not transmit Personal Information to us using our website if you consider that information to be sensitive.
16. How Do You Access and Modify Your Personal Information or Make a Complaint?
If you have an account, log in to access and to modify the personal information stored with your account. If you have questions or concerns about other personal information collected by us and would like assistance accessing that information, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at privacy@GetBusiness.
17. Links to Third-Party Websites and Social Network Plug-Ins
You may be able to access third-party websites through links available on our websites. You may also connect to social networks such as [list sites]. These links are provided for your convenience. We do not have any control over those third-party websites and we do not provide any guarantee that the privacy practices of the hosts of those websites meet our standards. Your use of such third-party websites is at your own risk and will be governed by the privacy policies of those websites and not by this Privacy Notice. Do not transmit personal information using those websites without reading the privacy policies governing those websites.
18. Notice to Persons Outside of Canada
This Privacy Notice is governed by the laws of Canada and applicable provincial law. By submitting personal information to us, you understand that your personal information will be subject to the laws of Canada and applicable provincial laws.