The Start-Up Visa program grants permanent residence to immigrant entrepreneurs while assisting them to become established in Canada.
The program encourages immigrant entrepreneurs to grow their companies in Canada. Successful applicants link with private sector organizations in Canada, where they can receive funding, guidance and expertise in opening and operating their enterprise in Canada.
The purpose of this program is to recruit innovative foreign national entrepreneurs who will create new jobs and drive economic growth.
In order to be eligible, applicants for a Start-Up Visa must meet the following requirements:
• Meet minimum language requirements in English or French (CLB 5 in all abilities);
• Have sufficient funds to settle in Canada;
• Plan to settle in a province other than the Province of Quebec;
• Pass Canadian security and medical clearances;
• Prove your business is supported through a designated organization; and
• Show your business meets ownership requirements.
No more than five foreign nationals may apply for permanent residence as part of the same business venture under the Start-Up Visa Program
Please contact us for more details about admission requirements